The Haider Ackermann Spring 2012 collection is without a doubt one of the absolute standouts of the season.
The Colombian designer's singular vision channels the relaxed luxury of a reconstructed menswear wardrobe. The suits are styled almost to look like all-in-ones, with oversized blazers tucked into Ackermann's now signature sarouel trousers, which sit looser than ever before. Each piece interlinks to create a true collection that works perfectly as a whole. These were certainly the standout looks on the catwalk, and made everyone else's attempts at the masculine-cut aesthetic seem overly fussy and badly executed in comparison. Simply put, no one can touch Haider Ackermann at the moment when it comes to both fabrics and colour palette. He uses only the finest materials, and the reversed silk that he uses throughout the collection provides the perfect base for his extraordinary green, magenta and purple colourways.
There is also the flicker of a more ethnic influence throughout, something that has been subtly present in most of his collections, and can also be seen in this spring's offerings from other mainline brands, such as Ann Demeulemeester. Here, a mix of silks and woven fabrics are infused with a gold patterning that runs through and over the base materials. The Haider Ackermann shoes also display this same patterning, with fold down heels that call to mind Moroccan, babouche-style footwear.
SS12 Style Shoots
- One of the standout pieces from the Haider Ackermann Spring 2012 collection.
- An uncompromising use of only the finest materials: soft, blue leather and sheer silk.
- Haider Ackermann's tailoring combines a softer layer with a much tougher exterior to give it that extra edge.
- Highlight of the Haider Ackermann Spring 2012 collection.
- A worldwide exclusive to LN-CC.
- Solid 925 sterling silver, crafted by an artisan silversmith in Germany.
- Part of the excellent Haider Ackermann Spring 2012 collection.
- The incredibly soft suede used here highlights Ackermann's use of only the finest materials across the collection.
- Haider Ackermann's tailoring is some of the absolute best across the mainline collections, and here features an array of biker jacket features.