Lanvin is new to the LN-CC roster for Spring 2012.
The general impression of Lanvin seems to focus on an aesthetic of slick tailoring and bow ties, which can obscure just how progressive the collections are when taken as a whole. The more casual elements of the collection are just as developed and interesting as the tailoring. Like many of the mainline brands that we buy each season, there is a sense that so many of the most interesting pieces in the collection are simply never picked up on: even in their own stores, Lanvin tend to lean heavily towards the more tailored side of their output.
The selection for LN-CC from the Lanvin Spring 2012 collection is much more casual. Many of the Lanvin 2012 pieces arriving will come as a surprise to those with preconceived ideas of what the brand is ‘about.’ Printed silk Lanvin jackets and pants come alongside leather and suede jackets mixed with cottons and silk, and some exceptional sports tailoring gives the whole range a distinctly modern feel. Put simply, no one in menswear can currently touch the Lanvin menswear offering in terms of fabrications, colours and overall depth right now.
Lanvin African Print
- Creeper-style shoes from the Lanvin Spring 2012 collection.
- Crafted from a softly textured calfskin leather with a subtle, allover pattern.
- The wedged sole features contrasting greys and black with ridged and grain effect surfaces.
- An overall more casual oxford style, in keeping with the LN-CC buy from Lanvin.
- Click here to view the Creepers.